Photo via: foter.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Here’s a more dramatic palette that would be elegant in a bedroom, living room or screened-in porch. Use the deep navy as a small accent only, unless the room is flooded with natural light. From left to right: Roman Column, Tranquil Aqua and Naval, all from Sherwin-Williams.
- Ikea Besta units – I love the idea of a complete wall of units.Could be used in any room including a kitchen or playroom. The glossy finish reflects light back into the room and would hide a multitude of clutter. Great idea as they are not that deep and wouldnt take up much space. Placed floor to ceiling as shown makes it look built in and a lot more expensive than it actually is.
- @househaven on Instagram: “My lovely friend Alita @life_with_alita tagged me to play for lightandbrighttuesday ! Please check out Alitas feed because she has a beautiful home and is truly a beautiful person! sharing the sun streaming into our family room and onto our built in shelving. Always love walking into this sight, especially on sunny mornings! Thanks for thinking of me Alita! (also sharing early for brightwhitewednesday!)”
- In the living area, the inviting leather couch is a Klooftique (klooftique.com) design; the Nguni-skin rug is also from Klooftique. The painting – which provides a gorgeous pop of colour on the chic grey wall – is by Cathy Layzell (cathylayzell.com).
- If you decorate using colour psychology as your guide book you will know that blue is a colour that cools and soothes. We put together a collection of blue room; from bathrooms to living rooms, blue is perfect for our hot summers.
- Decorating with bright colors is fun! The trick is how to do it right. When playing with color we 2 Ladies keep it simple. In this vignette simple means sticking to pink and gold as our bright colors. The neutral white fluffy pillow and grey throw from HomeGoods neutralize the brightness on the sofa. Gold accents on the coffee table and lamp (also from HomeGoods) continue to simplify the space so your eyes arent overwhelmed by all the pattern play and color. Sponsored by HomeGoods
- One shade of gray can make all the difference in your interior design scheme. Check out this collection of gray interior paint colors from BEHR to find the perfect hue to fit your unique sense of style. Build a color palette that’s specially designed for your home with a little help from BEHR.
- Industrial pipe shelving has been a DIY request since season two, episode one – The Little House on the Prairie. The Batsons’ kitchen cabinets were made completely of these industrial pipe open shelving units (see below), and today we wanted to show you how simple this DIY can be for…
- In pursuit of the elusive ideal, we turn to holistic, one of four palettes from our 2017 Color Forecast. Inspired by the intersection of luxury goods and fair trade goodness, this palette relies on arctic neutrals, blush roses and wild browns like Coral Island SW 6332, Brandywine SW 7710 and Stardew SW 9138.
- Thin, modern floating shelves and a rustic planked wall for the win ❤️ We knocked down the wall next to this fireplace to add dimension and more storage space in this room. ⭐️Reclaimed barn wood from @reclaimeddesignworks , paint on the fireplace Gauntlet Gray by Sherwin Williams, paint on walls Agreeable Gray by Sherwin Williams. Mantel tutorial on our site. Sources tagged ⭐️shanty2chic
- How beautiful is my new mirror from Mr The Home That Made Me ? Were off to London to see Frozen on Ice today so keep an eye on my Instagram stories. Also Ive done a blog I just know youre all going to love on before/after pictures of whats changed in Baylyn House in 2016 – its crazy how different it looks in just 1 year!
- “golden tones are easier to work with than lemony tones, which can be too intense and have a ‘highlighter’ effect.” With a “suite” of closely related shades—from the ceiling to the rich wood floor